Barbara Parkes Memorial Trophy
Sunday September 1st 2019
Alveley Sports & Social Club
Winners will receive the Barbara Parkes Trophy & a cash prize
Entrance Fee £5.00 per doubles team (payable on the day)
Registration will be from 10.00 am and play will start at 10.30 am
Our Petanque Club looks forward to receiving entrants to play in The Barbara Parkes Mixed Doubles Tournament on its new six lane piste on the Alveley Recreation Ground (behind the tennis courts). The piste is accessed through the alleyway at the bottom end of the Village Hall (post code: WV15 6NT) Cars can be parked on the Village hall car park. The adjacent Sports & Social Club will be open from noon where liquid refreshments and toilet facilities will be available. Before noon players may use the toilets in the Village Hall. There are limited seating facilities so players may wish to bring their own chairs.
Players are advised to make their own arrangements for food at lunch time.
- This mixed doubles competition is open to all members of the Severn Valley Petanque League and a playing partner of their choice.
- A maximum of 16 teams will compete in the tournament, and the first 16 teams to enter will play. Any remaining team entrants will be held in reserve in date order of receipt. There will be no preliminary rounds.
- Should a team nominated to play in the tournament for some reason have to withdraw, please notify David Voysey as soon as possible, when the first team on the reserve list will be invited to play
- The first part of the tournament will be on a “Round Robin” formula with four leagues of four teams. The second part will be on a knock-out basis.
- All matches will be just one 13 point game.
- The winners of each league will play the runners-up of a league in the quarter-finals, with winning teams going forward to the semi-finals and final.
- In the event of teams at the top of a league winning the same number of matches. Then the team with the largest point difference in their favour over the three matches will go forward to the quarter-finals as the winners of its league. This rule also applies to the runners-up positions.
- In the event of less than 16 teams entering, the competition will be adjusted to suit.